Is your family ready for winter storms? Severe storms and power outages can occur throughout the year, but they can be especially threatening to your home and safety during cold weather. And during an emergency, a whole-home generator from Blind & Sons can make the difference between a terrible situation and a normal day for your family.
If you have used portable generators in the past, then you’re familiar with all the hassles involved. Unlike a whole-home generator, a portable generator needs to be set up before each use and requires refueling every few hours. No one wants to set up or refuel a portable generator when it’s freezing and dark, and once
it’s ready, you will only be able to run select circuits with it. In addition, portable generators are often loud and emit noxious fumes and carbon monoxide.
In contrast, a whole-home generator offers real peace of mind. Connected to your home’s fuel source, your generator is always ready to power your home. It works by monitoring your home’s voltage 24/7, so if the power goes out, your generator turns on — automatically. The automatic transfer switch will safely disconnect the utility line and switch to the generator, so your power will be restored within seconds. Then, once electricity is restored, the generator returns to standby mode, ready to serve you again, any moment you need it. Consider it your own mini power plant.
Your family will stay safe through any winter storm, while your whole-home generator does its job.
- Maintain power without the safety hazards of portable generators.
- Keep the lines of communication open, so you can stay in contact through any emergency.
- Never worry about losing all the food in your refrigerator and freezer during a power outage.
- Maintain water in your home. Remember — if you have a well pump, you can’t flush without power.
- You won’t have to worry about losing heat or hot water.
- Choose the size that’s right for your home. Power just a few circuits, or the entire house.
- You can rely on your equipment to work automatically, whether you’re at home or away.
- Runs on your home’s existing LP or natural gas supply.
- Your whole-home generator will be installed outside your home, just like a central air conditioner.
- Enjoy professional installation performed by Trust Certified Technicians and backed by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
When winter ice and snow lead to power outages, you can live your life uninterrupted with this smart, affordable solution. Call on Blind & Sons, and our experts will help you select just the right whole-home generator to keep your family safe and warm.
Sources: Harbor Power House, TAG Home Performance