Hard water, while not harmful to your health, can be harmful to any appliance in your home that handles water. It will affect water pressure, lower the efficiency of your system and even affect the performance of soaps and detergent.
So what is hard water? Water dissolves very small amounts of minerals and holds them in solution when it travels over soil and rock. When water is described as “hard,” it means that the water is high in dissolved minerals, specifically calcium and magnesium.
Hard water can lead to a lot of inconveniences in the home:
- Clothes washed in hard water will have damaged fibers and can shorten the life of your clothes by up to 40 percent.
- In the shower, soap and hard water will leave a film of “soap curd” on the skin that will prevent the removal of soil and bacteria, and prevent your skin from returning to its slightly acidic condition, which could cause irritation on your skin.
- A ring of soap scum will develop in the bathtub.
- Spots and streaks will start to appear on your dishes in the dishwasher.
- Scale deposits will build up in your water-using appliances and will clog hot water pipes. Scale does not conduct heat well, and it will reduce the flow through the pipes.
If you’re noticing these nuisances, it may be time to contact Blind & Sons for the EasyWater® solution. EasyWater will physically change the minerals in water to prevent them from forming scale. Typical water softeners will simply replace the calcium and magnesium in the water with sodium or potassium. Water treated with EasyWater will provide a smooth, clean feel that you will not feel with water conditioned with a salt type softener.
There are health benefits to calcium and magnesium in your water. EasyWater keeps those minerals in your water, but simply removes their electrostatic surface charge. To put it simply, EasyWater prevents these minerals from sticking to your pipes, appliances, clothes and skin, so you can reap the health benefits without the home inconveniences.
Water treated with EasyWater will even help remove existing scale. So if you’re noticing clogged pipes or a buildup of scale, call Blind & Sons. A technician will install EasyWater in your home so you can have a cleaner home.
Sources: Free Drinking Water, Hard Water