Bundle up, folks! Winter is upon us here in Northeast Ohio, and residents all over are feeling the need for efficient heating in their homes. While a traditional furnace might provide you with the comfort you need to escape the blistering cold, a heat pump can do the same in a way that’s much more energy-efficient.
And when the winter weather transitions to spring, your heat pump can bring equally efficient cooling to your home to help you beat the heat. Read on to find out more about heat pumps and how they may benefit your Akron, Ohio home.
What Is a Heat Pump & How Does It Work?
A heat pump is an electronic device that transfers heat from one area to another by circulating refrigerant through evaporation and condensation processes. Its compressor pumps refrigerant between two heat exchanger coils. One coil evaporates the refrigerant while absorbing heat from its surroundings. The other coil then compresses the refrigerant, condensing it and releasing the heat it previously absorbed.
During warmer months, this process can be reversed to provide your home with cooling capabilities. A heat pump can also provide you with dehumidifying functions for hot, humid summers. Air-source heat pumps are among the most popular devices installed in homes today; however, ground-source heat pumps that draw heat from the earth are gaining in popularity as well.
Benefits of Heat Pumps for Akron & Northeast Ohio Homes
Heat pump installation provides several benefits to homeowners, including:
- Savings: Heat pumps can be less expensive to operate than traditional furnaces and air conditioning units.
- Low Maintenance: Very little maintenance is required to ensure proper heat pump function, with homeowners performing an annual check themselves and a professional HVAC contractor checking the unit every three to five years.
- Safety: Because heat pumps don’t rely on combustion, they are much safer than traditional furnaces.
- Efficiency: When that correctly, heat pumps can regularly operate at more than 300% efficiency, translating into big monthly savings for Northeast Ohio homeowners.
- Longevity: Heat pumps have a reported life span of up to 50 years, with the average unit lasting between 14 and 15 years.
Bringing a heat pump into your Akron, Ohio home can be an excellent solution for your home comfort needs. Fortunately, residents can rely on help from the expert HVAC contractors at Blind & Sons for all their heat pump service needs.
Schedule Heat Pump Services in Northeast Ohio
If you’re looking to bring improved energy efficiency, cost savings, and safety to your home, Blind & Sons has the skills and tools you need for expert heat pump installation, replacement, repair, and maintenance.
Our team is equipped to operate on any make or model unit, guaranteeing 100% satisfaction on all services rendered. We understand that emergencies can pop up at any time, which is why we provide Northeast Ohio residents with 24/7 emergency services with no overtime fees.
Discover what benefits await you with professional heat pump services by Blind & Sons by scheduling your appointment online or calling (330) 753-7711 today!