Cleaning your sewer lines every 18 to 22 months is the best way to keep your system in peak condition. If you get sewer cleaning services once every year and a half to two years, you can:
- Minimize the risk of clogs and sewage backups in your home
- Discover and address any minor issues before they cause potentially major problems, like sewer line cracks, holes, or collapses
- Avoid the higher repair costs that you’ll have to pay if you forego preventative sewer line cleaning and, instead, only call for sewer service when there’s a problem with your system
How Can I Tell If My Sewer Lines Need to Be Cleaned?
If it’s been at least two years since your sewer lines were cleaned, that’s a tell-tale sign that you need professional service. Other common signs that it’s time to call for professional sewer line cleaning service include:
- Multiple drain clogs in your home
- Gurgling or bubbling drains or toilets
- Drain backups, especially in the lowest drains in your home (like basement and first-floor drains)
- Foul, sewage-like smells coming from your drains
- Odd behaviors from plumbing fixtures (like backups in a kitchen sink when you run the dishwasher or washing machine)
- Mysterious pools of water in your yard
- Areas of your yard that are particularly green and lush
If you notice these warning signs at your Northeast Ohio home, don’t wait to call a professional plumber for sewer service. These issues will only get worse and create more problems over time—and, eventually, that can mean more damage, bigger headaches, and higher repair costs.
What Happens During Sewer Line Cleaning Service?
Depending on when your last sewer line cleaning was—and whether you’re experiencing problems with your sewer system, service to clean your sewer lines can involve:
- Discussing any plumbing problems you’ve been having
- Testing your home’s plumbing fixtures
- Conducting a sewer line camera inspection
- Determining the best methods for cleaning your sewer lines, based on their condition
If your sewer lines are damaged and/or they’re near (or past) the end of their service life, sewer line repair or replacement, rather than cleaning service, may be necessary. This is usually the case when sewer lines are:
- At least 30 years old
- Cracked, misaligned, or fully collapsed
- Blocked by tree root infiltration
Where Can I Find Reliable Plumbers to Clean Out My Sewer Line?
If you live in Akron or the Northeast Ohio area, you can find expert sewer line plumbers at Blind & Sons. Our team has extensive experience cleaning, repairing, and replacing all types of sewer lines, and we offer 24-hour emergency plumbing service!
That means that you always have an experienced plumber ready to help you, no matter what day or time your sewer system acts up.
Call (330) 753-7711 for emergency sewer plumbers in Northeast Ohio. If you’re dealing with a sewer issue that isn’t an emergency, you can also contact us online to request prompt service.
With our expertise, responsive service, and state-of-the-art tools, it’s easy to see why Blind & Sons is a leading choice for sewer, plumbing, and rooter service throughout Akron and Northeast Ohio!