Buying a new home is a major investment. So, of course, you’ll want to check everything from the layout and the electrical system to the fixtures and the plumbing. To make sure you inspect all of a home’s critical plumbing equipment and systems, use this helpful new home plumbing checklist.
An Essential Plumbing Checklist for New Homebuyers in Northeast Ohio
Checking these key elements and systems can help you find and address any plumbing problems you should know about as you decide whether to buy a home and/or what to offer for it.
- Water pressure: Run two faucets simultaneously and turn on the shower and/or bath to check the water pressure. Poor water pressure may indicate clogs or other plumbing problems.
- Water temperature: Check the hot water temperature. It should be between 118˚F and 124˚.
- The water heater: Check the water heater for signs of rust and corrosion. Also, make sure the water heater is properly vented and sized for the home.
- Visible pipes: Look for any signs of damage and leaks. Also, check the materials and floor around the pipes for any signs of stains or water damage.
- The sump pump: Check and test the sump pump. If the home has a sump pump, it’ll be in the basement.
- Drains and sewer lines: Check for water stains or damage on the floor around toilets and the area under sinks. Hire a professional plumber to do a drain and sewer line camera inspection to check for clogs or damage to the sewer lines, like corrosion, tree root intrusion, or other problems. Serious clogs and broken sewer lines can mean big headaches and costs later, so you’ll want to know about these issues before committing to buying a house.
- Water lines: Check the joints and shut-off valves for leaks. Also, look at the pipe fittings to make sure the pipes are correctly connected. This may be another part of the homebuyer’s plumbing checklist that is best left to a pro.
When you need an expert, top-rated local plumber for a home plumbing inspection in Northeast Ohio, contact Blind & Sons. Our team is experienced at:
- Inspecting home plumbing systems
- Identifying any potential problems homebuyers need to know about
- Providing first-rate plumbing repairs—whether we do the inspection or you get a long list of problems from the home inspector—to restore plumbing equipment, fixtures, and systems
Contact Blind & Sons for a Home Plumbing Inspection in & Around Akron, Ohio
For plumbing inspections, repairs, and installation service in Northeast Ohio, contact Blind & Sons. Our plumbers proudly provide customer-focused service and the highest-quality plumbing solutions. Plus, we offer 24-hour emergency plumbing service so you can always get the help you need quickly, no matter when a plumbing disaster strikes!
Call Blind & Sons at (330) 753-7711 or contact us online now for plumbing service in Northeast Ohio!
We also encourage you to check out our latest coupons so you can save big and get the most value from your next plumbing service.