There are several signs that may indicate your water heater might be failing:
- A complete or partial loss of hot water supply.
- The unit no longer provides the same temperature or duration of hot water as it had in the past.
- Water buildup in or around the area of your water heater may suggest a leak.
- Water-quality issues, such as rust or sediment visible in your water supply, could indicate the unit may fail soon.
- Excessive corrosion in the body of the heater or at its plumbing connections.
- Leakage around plumbing fittings.
- A leak in the body of the water heater. This requires immediate replacement.
Don’t wait until your water heater leaks all of your floor, damaging everything in its path. If you recognize these signs, contact your plumber.