Generator Service in Akron & Northeast Ohio
When high winds, thunderstorms, or blizzards roll through Northeast Ohio, having backup power available can make all the difference. Blind & Sons is here to ensure you have electricity, even when the power grid goes down. Our commercial-grade standby generators are the perfect ally for every homeowner, providing uninterrupted power for years to come.
Generator Installation in Northeast Ohio
If you’re looking for a way to power your lights, furnace, or air conditioner during a blackout, nothing gets the job done like a whole-house standby generator. This permanent piece of equipment sits outside your home, ready to generate electricity when the municipal power supply goes down.
Blind & Sons installs standby generators from Guardian, one of the most trusted brands in the industry. These units offer reliable backup power to ensure your life goes on even when utility power doesn’t. Whole-house units are safer, more powerful, and more efficient than portable gas generators you can find at local hardware stores. Expect your standby unit to power on automatically, with only a brief interruption after a blackout begins. Then, it will turn off again once power is restored.
Generator Maintenance in Akron, OH
Once you have a backup generator installed, it’s easy to forget about it—until a bad storm is forecast in the Akron area. To ensure you’re never caught off guard, plan to maintain your backup generator twice a year. A visit from the experienced technicians at Blind & Sons includes the following services:
- Visual inspection of mechanical and electrical components
- Oil and filter change as recommended by the manufacturer
- Power outage simulation to test the transfer switches
- Load test to ensure proper performance
Whether you purchased your generator from us or another dealer, we can provide the maintenance you need to keep your unit up and running. We have experience servicing all major generator makes and models.
Generator Repair in Akron & Northeast Ohio
Power outages can be incredibly disruptive to your daily life. That’s why you installed a generator—to provide electricity for home heating, cooling, and lighting until the power grid comes back online. While whole-house generators are incredibly robust and designed to last for years, they may require occasional repair.
The technicians at Blind & Sons can fix just about any problem you’re having with your backup generator. Here are some common problems we can assist you with:
- Low coolant: Never ignore a coolant leak, as this could quickly drain the level to zero! Monitor your generator’s sensor often and have leaks repaired before the next storm threatens a power outage.
- Faulty wiring: Frayed or corroded wires could prevent your generator from running. For your safety, leave all electrical repairs to a licensed generator repair technician.
- Obstructed fuel line: If something is blocking the flow of fuel, a repair may be necessary to restore functionality.
- Defective fuel gauge: While your generator may continue to operate normally, you could run low on fuel without knowing it. Fix this problem promptly to avoid any surprises.
- Malfunctioning circuit breaker: If the generator trips the breaker every time it powers on, you may need an electrician to repair the problem and ensure uninterrupted performance.
- Old age: After more than a decade in service, it may be time to replace your generator the next time it breaks down.
Schedule Generator Service in Northeast Ohio
Blind & Sons has over 80 years of experience serving Akron, OH and the surrounding area. As a third-generation family-owned company, we are committed to providing excellence and unwavering customer satisfaction. With our help, we guarantee that your backup power solutions will be ready the moment you need them!
Choose Blind & Sons to help protect your home and family during a blackout—contact us today at (330) 753-7711 to schedule generator services in Northeast Ohio.