How Much Is HVAC Maintenance Worth?
Routine HVAC maintenance provides a lot of value on many different fronts. While the exact value will depend on the type of system you have (and other factors), here’s a look at the savings and benefits of getting regular HVAC system tune-ups.
Top 3 Reasons to Get Regular HVAC Maintenance: The Benefits & Value
When you routinely get HVAC system tune-ups, you benefit by:
- Extending the life of your system: Regular maintenance for any major piece of equipment, from your car to your HVAC system, can fix minor issues before they become big problems. HVAC systems that rarely or never experience major issues can work months to years longer than systems plagued with major issues. Ultimately, this can mean big savings both in terms of not having to pay for major repairs and not having to buy a replacement as soon.
- Keeping your system running efficiently: As HVAC units age, their components can loosen, get dirty, become clogged, leak, and experience other issues. Any of these can make your system sluggish and less effective. That can mean your system has to work harder and use more energy to pump out the same amount of heat or cold air. And that means higher energy bills. With regular maintenance, your system’s components will be checked, tightened, cleaned, unclogged, and more. This will keep your HVAC unit running in peak condition so it’s not using more energy than it should.
- Preventing emergency breakdowns: The minor issues HVAC units develop over time won’t go away if systems don’t get regular tune-ups. Instead, they’ll usually end up causing some major problem eventually, and that can trigger an entire system failure. An emergency breakdown can be costly to fix, and it can leave your home really Regular maintenance can go a long way toward preventing system failures.
Beyond these three reasons, regular HVAC tune-ups can also be essential to:
- Keeping your system’s warranty valid: Some warranties actually require regular maintenance. Don’t inadvertently nullify your warranty because you’ve overlooked or put off the routine tune-ups.
- Maintaining good indoor air quality: This is especially important if you or anyone in your family has health issues, like allergies, that can be exacerbated by poor indoor air quality.
At Blind & Sons, we are proud to offer an excellent option for effortlessly maintaining your HVAC system so it’s always in peak condition. Our Maintenance Value Plan (MVP) comes with two annual precision tune-ups, 50% off service calls, extended repair warranties, and more. MVP customers save an average of $130 per year!
We also encourage you to check out our reviews to see why we are a leading choice for HVAC service in and around Cleveland, Akron, and Northeast Ohio.