Hot Water on Demand! (The Benefits of a Tankless Water Heater)
We’ve all been there: It’s early in the morning and all you’re wanting is a hot shower to help ease you into your day. You start the shower, give it the customary five minutes to warm up, jump in and BOOM! The water is still ice cold! You hear the washer and dryer being used in the laundry room and dishes being washed in the sink—all that hot water you wanted for your shower has been sucked dry, leaving you cold and miserable.
Time to consider a tankless water heater.
Tankless water heaters are to your shower what on-demand cable is to your binge-watching sessions of television—ready when you are and lasting as long as you want. A tankless water heater is a great addition to your home for efficiency and energy savings, on top of the convenience.
Benefits of tankless water heaters
- Never run out of hot water
- Increased efficiency with no standby heat loss (requires only enough power to heat the amount of water being used at that given moment)
- Smaller unit than a normal water heater (smaller units can even be installed under cabinets)
- No possibility of flooding due to a ruptured tank (traditional tanks carry 40-50 gallons of water at all times)
- Can last five to 10 years longer than a traditional tank heater
- See a decrease of as much as 20 percent in your water heating bill
Consider the size of your home when thinking about the size of your new tankless water heater—smaller heaters, while less expensive, do not produce enough hot water to serve most households and really should only serve one faucet at a time. Larger units, while more expensive, can handle the demand of a family home. (Shower while running the dishwasher? Done!)
While the initial investment in a tankless water heater can be more expensive than a traditional water heater, it’s comforting to know that going tankless will qualify for a federal tax credit, giving you up to $300 off the purchase price. Plus the savings you’ll see with reduced water heating costs and reduced energy use will make the decision to go tankless easy.
Talk with your friendly experts at Bind & Sons, and save up to $750 off any of our tankless water heaters until April 15, 2016.