Reliable Furnace Maintenance in Akron, OH
Prepare for a comfortable, enjoyable Ohio winter with a professional furnace checkup!
Winter in NE Ohio can be rough if your furnace isn’t performing up to speed. The best way to go confidently into the upcoming season is with a furnace tune-up by Blind & Sons. This cost-effective and affordable maintenance visit from one of our friendly, skilled HVAC technicians helps ensure you avoid furnace breakdowns, operate your furnace safely, and keep those winter energy bills low.
Furnace Maintenance Advantages for Your Greater Akron Home
Schedule professional preventative maintenance for your furnace once a year, ideally in the pre-season, so you’re ready for a comfortable winter!
Annual, professional furnace maintenance provides you:
- Greater furnace reliability and less chance of future repairs: Our furnace checkup lets us catch small issues (like a worn belt) before they cause internal system damage requiring major repairs.
- More years of service from your furnace: When you keep your heating system in top shape through pro maintenance, you can significantly delay replacement costs.
- Improved energy efficiency: Preventative maintenance keeps your heating system working at peak performance, and saves you money on utility bills
- Protection from excess wear and tear, and reduced breakdown risk: Our maintenance service keeps your unit working consistently and smoothly.
- Clean, clog-free air filters: Our technicians clean or replace your furnace air filters as needed during maintenance visits, helping your equipment work effortlessly and efficiently, and improving your indoor air quality. (Be sure to change your furnace filter monthly between maintenance calls.)
- Safety: Our furnace tune-ups include safety testing to look for gas leakage or electrical wiring connection issues. (Be sure to have CO detectors properly installed in your home for constant protection.)
- Warranty compliance: Manufacturers may require regular professional maintenance to keep your warranty active.
Schedule Furnace Maintenance in Akron, Ohio – Now Is the Time!
As part of our complete line of furnace services, Blind & Sons offers convenient and affordable preventative maintenance for your HVAC system to keep your home heating and cooling equipment running like new well into the future. You can count on our family-owned Akron HVAC company for all your home comfort needs, including plumbing and electrical services!
Furnace Maintenance FAQs
What’s included in professional furnace maintenance?
Our technicians inspect, test, clean, and lubricate moving parts to ensure proper furnace operation for the coming year. This includes checking your heat exchanger for signs of corrosion or cracking (which can result in dangerous CO leakage) and much more. We offer furnace maintenance plans to save you money.
When should a furnace be replaced?
Heating systems older than 15 years may be candidates for replacement to increase energy efficiency and home comfort. If energy bills are on the rise, your furnace is unusually noisy or smelly, or it’s rusted or cracked, you might benefit from furnace replacement. If a major repair is needed, our technicians may recommend allowing us to install a new system, as a more cost-effective solution for you.
What type of furnace filter should I use?
Standard furnace filters keep your heating equipment clean, but to improve indoor air quality, you typically need a pleated media filter for airborne dust and particle filtration from your air supply. Be sure to consult with us before choosing a new type of furnace filter, since a “too effective” filter can block the airflow in your furnace. We also offer other air-cleaning solutions for your home.