Water Heater Installation & Replacement in Akron & Northeast Ohio
Hard-working water heaters often don’t get the attention they deserve. The appliance may work silently in a hidden utility closet, but it’s the key to cooking, cleaning, and showering with nice, hot water. Since your water heater accounts for the largest proportion of your utility bills (apart from heating and cooling your Northeast Ohio home), it’s essential to invest in an efficient model that will serve your family’s needs for years to come.
The licensed plumbers at Blind & Sons can help you make the right choice. With over 80 years of experience, we have proven our ability to provide excellent customer service. We also have access to some of the most advanced water heating technology to help you make the most of your investment.
Water Heater Installation Options for Akron-Area Homes
Water heaters come in a few varieties. If you’re not sure which one is right for you, turn to Blind & Sons for expert advice. We can help you run the numbers to determine the most cost-efficient type of water heater for your Cleveland home. Here are your options:
- Traditional water heaters are comprised of storage tanks that keep hot water on standby 24/7. They are available in both electric and natural gas models.
- Tankless water heaters generate hot water on demand with powerful gas burners or electric elements. Since they aren’t susceptible to standby heat loss, they are highly efficient.
- Hybrid water heaters run on electric power generated by a heat pump. If electricity is your only fuel option, this may be an efficient alternative to a traditional water heater.
- Solar water heaters are another electric option. They run on the sun’s energy and have a backup battery to make sure you always have access to hot water.
Signs You Need a Water Heater Replacement
By watching for certain telltale signs, you can determine if your water heater is nearing the end of its life before it fails catastrophically. We recommend shopping for a water heater replacement if you notice any of the following:
- An aging water heater that is more than 10 years old
- Rusty-looking, foul-smelling, or metallic-tasting hot water
- Puddles forming around the water heater
- Odd noises coming from the water heater
- Consistently running out of hot water
What Does Water Heater Installation Entail?
Here’s what to expect if you choose us to install your water heater:
- Honest, upfront answers about the condition of your water heater and when you should replace it
- Helpful advice about what type of water heater you should install
- Recommendations for relocating the water heater, if applicable
- Upfront estimates, no hidden fees, and 24/7 emergency service with no overtime charges
- Professional, code-compliant water heater installation
- Complete cleanup of the work area, including hauling away the old water heater
- Flawless workmanship, excellent customer service, and your 100% satisfaction guaranteed
Schedule Water Heater Installation or Replacement in Northeast Ohio
The knowledgeable plumbers at Blind & Sons are ready to install your new water heater quickly and efficiently. We have been offering first-class plumbing services in Akron, Cleveland, Barberton, and the surrounding area since 1937. Our replacement water heaters come with excellent warranty coverage so that you can begin the process with confidence.