Heat Pump Installation in Akron, OH
In order to maximize the benefits and power of a new heat pump system for your Northeast Ohio home, it needs to be selected and installed by experts with extensive experience and training. At Blind & Sons our experts have been handling heat pump installation for decades, and with the advantage of our factory-level training you’re certain to get the quality service you deserve.
Heat Pump Installation Services
Heat pumps make for an excellent home comfort solution in Ohio. By offering high cooling power, excellent heat come the winter, and the streamlined efficiency that is unique to these systems, you get an all in one product that is well suited to handling our weather and climate. But these systems absolutely require an adept hand in order to offer you all of the advantages they can provide.
At Blind & Sons, we offer Lennox heat pump systems to our clients — a brand we trust for their innovation and dedication to high quality. Through the benefit of our experience and access to leading products we’re certain we can offer you an installation that is not only streamlined to your unique needs, but one that also offers long-term advantages and reliability.
8 Benefits of Heat Pumps
Northeast Ohio sees seasonal weather extremes, and a heat pump is a perfect way to manage indoor comfort through all of them. Some of the benefits of heat pumps include:
- Cooling: They may be called “heat pumps,” but their cooling systems are very effective and cost-efficient.
- Good investment: Investing in a heat pump system will increase your property value.
- Less maintenance: We recommend spring and fall heating and cooling systems checkups. You’ll realize maximum energy efficiency and better IAQ (indoor air quality). Maintenance reduces the risks of emergencies.
- Longer life span: The average heat pump’s life span is about 15 years, but with proper maintenance, many heat pumps can last much longer.
- Lower costs: Heat pumps are cheaper to run than combustion systems. This energy efficiency incurs almost immediate savings in monthly bills, and the long-term savings are even more dramatic.
- Reduces carbon emissions: Heat pumps not only reduce carbon emissions; they have a great energy-to-heat conversion rate.
- Safer: Heat pumps are safer than combustion-based systems.
- Tax credits: The State of Ohio has 46 financial incentives for energy-savings investments/home improvements. There remains a federal tax credit for HVAC (heating, ventilation, air conditioning) equipment purchased and installed in 2020.
Why You Need Professional Heat Pump Installation
Installing or replacing a heat pump is not a DIY project. If you’re thinking “What can go wrong?” the answer is “a lot.”
- Voided Warranty: A DIY installation can void your unit’s warranty. Even worse, if there’s property damage or personal injury due to a heat pump malfunction, your insurance company may not cover your losses if you can’t prove professional installation.
- Hidden Issues: Following a DIY installation, you may think your heat pump is working correctly when it isn’t. You won’t find out until later there was a small problem that led to an expensive problem.
- Electrical Components: Installing a heat pump requires extensive knowledge of electrical wiring.
- Incorrectly Sized: Size matters, and your local HVAC professional can accurately assess what your property needs using tools you don’t have. If your heat pump isn’t sized for your home correctly, you won’t know it until after it’s installed. It may short-cycle or simply break down.
Heat Pump Replacement
Has it been 15 to 20 years since you’ve replaced your heat pump? Are the repair costs for your current heat pump just too high? Or is your system simply failing to meet your comfort needs? If so, it’s probably time for a replacement. Whether you need help deciding if it’s time for a heat pump replacement — or you need help choosing and installing the right system, you can trust Blind & Sons for all of your heat pump replacement needs.
At Blind & Sons, we are proud to offer Lennox brand heat pump systems for our Cleveland and Akron clients. It’s a brand you can trust for quality, dependable products, and a name we’re glad to have on our side! For heat pump installation that ensures you get top-pick systems, customized service, and superior workmanship, ours is the name you want to know.
Heat Pump Installation Services in Northeast Ohio
Our specialists cut no corners, and we never want to offer our clients anything short of the best. When you’re looking for a new heat pump installation in the Northeast Ohio area, or you just want to find out more about the perks of a new system in your home, we’re always here to assist.
Contact us online now to get started or to schedule a consultation in Northeast Ohio!
FAQs About Heat Pumps
Here are some frequently asked questions we receive about heat pumps and heat pump services for Northeast Ohio:
How does a heat pump work?
A heat pump is a stand-alone appliance that uses refrigeration processes and electricity for heating and cooling. It has a condenser unit that may be outside and an indoor unit that may be located on a wall. Its cooling mode extracts outside air and transfers it to a coolant. For heat, the system reverses the flow of the refrigerant.
What is an air-to-air heat pump?
Air-to-air heat pumps extract heat from your outdoor air and distribute it indoors. An earth-to-air heat pump (aka “geothermal heat pump”) transfers ground warmth to indoor air.
Why are heat pumps so energy-efficient?
Baseboard or space heaters have a one-to-one heat-to-electricity ratio for 100% efficiency. Heat pumps provide 3+ units of heat for each one unit of electricity. Your efficiency can increase by 300% or more.
Will heat pumps work in below-freezing weather?
At below 20 degrees, a heat pump’s efficiency may drop to 100% (which is what you have with a traditional HVAC system anyway). The heat pump is designed to run almost continuously in freezing weather. But if it runs continuously when temperatures are above 32 degrees, there may be a problem.