Tankless Water Heaters in Akron & Northeast Ohio
Water heaters are the largest energy users in homes, next to heating and cooling systems. Our certified local plumbers in Northeast Ohio can help you select the water heater that best meets your needs! An ideal water heater for your home is energy-efficient and highly dependable and supplies enough hot water to meet your demand. At Blind & Sons, we understand how important access to hot water is in your home, and you can count on our plumbing service team for comprehensive tankless water heater service and solutions, including:
- Tankless water heater installation
- Tankless water heater replacement
- Tankless water heater repair
- Tankless water heater maintenance
Tankless Water Heater Brands
Blind & Sons offers you the best of the best tankless water heaters. We are proud to provide you with Navien and Rinnai tankless water heaters. Keep on reading to find out which one best suits you!
Navien Tankless Water Heaters
Navien makes going tankless a piece of cake! The Navien Premium Efficiency condensing tankless water heater is the number one selling high efficiency condensing tankless water heater in North America. Navien offers a variety of tankless water heater options, from condensing to non-condensing.
Navien’s non-condensing options include:
- NPN-U Series made from patented NaviTechTM stainless steel heat exchanger and stainless-steel burner; it is the only non-condensing unit that can be used both inside and outside.
- NPN-E Series made from the same patented material; this design is made for outdoor use only.
Navien’s condensing options include their new state-of-the-art NPE-2 series, which offers ultra-high efficiency up to 0.96 UEF to give you low utility bills, endless hot water, and exclusive ComfortFlow® technology with a built-in recirculation pump and buffer tank.
The NPE-2 Series include:
- NPE-A2 Series: This series can be used both outdoors and indoors. It comes with a built-in recirculation pump and intuitive software that allows it to self-diagnose and makes troubleshooting faster and easier than ever.
- NPE-S2 Series: A leader in tankless condensing water heaters, this series makes it easier to install and set up. It comes with the same built-in intuitive software as NPE-A2 with higher performance, increased efficiency, and advanced technology in a wide array of model options.
Rinnai Tankless Water Heaters
The Rinnai tankless water heaters we offer are built to commercial-grade standards, and each unit is meticulously tested for quality. With a Rinnai tankless water heater, you can rest assured that you’ll be covered with a lifetime of unlimited hot water and reliability. Rinnai carries a variety of models from non-condensing to condensing tankless water hears.
As compact units that pack a punch and provide high-efficient performance in small to mid-size homes, Rinnai’s non-condensing options include:
- RL HE+ Series
- RLX HE+ Series
- V HE Series
With super-highly efficient, sleek models, and a range of features to satisfy the needs of a bigger home, Rinnai’s condensing options include:
- RUR SE+ Series
- RU SE+ Series
- RUCS SE+ Series
- RUS SE+ Series
Select models have built-in recirculation technology and are equipped with Wi-Fi-ready tech that will allow you to set hot water schedules or have it instantly—whatever you desire!
Blind & Sons is here for you! We’re excited to help you chose which amazing tankless water heater is best suited for your needs and your home. Give us a call at (330) 753-7711 or contact us online to get a trusted professional to assist you.
Tankless Water Heater Repair Service in Akron & Northeast Ohio
While modern tankless water heaters are an excellent option for homeowners looking for an efficient and dependable source of hot water, these systems can still struggle from time to time. Various things can prevent a tankless water heater from working properly. Some of the most common issues include:
- Problems with the electrical connections
- Restrictions in the water delivery pipes
- A damaged or malfunctioning electric element or gas burner
- A worn-out or malfunctioning thermostat
Regardless of your tankless water heater’s issue, you can expect the plumbing pros at Blind & Sons to provide effective, efficient repairs as soon as possible. We are highly adept at troubleshooting all types of problems and providing the necessary repairs for all water heater brands and models, including Rinnai tankless water heaters. So, never hesitate to contact Blind & Sons when you need quick, reliable water heater repair services.
Selecting a Tankless Water Heater Replacement
When choosing a new tankless water heater for your Akron area home, there are numerous factors to consider, including type, capacity, efficiency, and cost.
- Type. Traditional water heaters tend to be most common. However, several other types of water heaters, including tankless options, may suit your needs.
- Capacity. The size of hot on-demand water heaters should be based on the number of occupants in the home and their peak hour water demand rather than the size of the house. The peak hour demand or first-hour rating (FHR) measures how much hot water the heater will deliver in an hour, and the FHR is required by law to appear on the EnergyGuide label. Your Blind & Sons plumber will perform a capacity test to determine the right size water heater for your home.
- Efficiency. The energy factor (EF) indicates the energy efficiency of a tankless water heater. Traditional gas water heaters have an EF between 0.50 and 0.60. High-efficiency models have an EF of 0.82. The higher the EF, the more efficient the water heater. When buying a new water heater, make sure to check the energy efficiency rating shown on the EnergyGuide labels.
- Cost. It’s easy to look for an inexpensive demand-type water heater and ignore the operating costs. Often, the least expensive water heaters are the most expensive to operate. A high-efficiency water heater may cost a little more initially, but reducing operating costs, in the long run, will more than make up for the higher outlay upfront. Check the EnergyGuide label for help when choosing an energy-efficient heater.
Bradford White offers some of the best options in tankless home water heaters. Whenever you need answers about the best-fit options for your needs, home, and budget, reach out to the experts at Blind & Sons.
Pros & Cons of Tankless Water Heaters
Tankless water heaters are becoming the new, top-rated standard for new and modern homes, and when you see the benefits, it becomes clear why:
- Tankless water heaters use far less energy than a traditional water heater by avoiding the constant heating of a reservoir.
- Tankless water heaters can reduce hot water energy costs by roughly 30% on average.
- Tankless water heaters have a much longer life span than traditional water heaters, often surviving longer than their traditional counterparts by years.
The biggest drawback to tankless water heaters is their upfront cost. But, with their energy savings, many homeowners find the cost to be completely worth it!
Interested in learning more about tankless water heaters? Or are you looking for plumbing experts near you? Contact Blind & Sons now!
Tankless Water Heater Services in Northeast Ohio
Our plumbers are certified, licensed, and exceedingly adept at meeting the needs of our residential and commercial clients. Whether you’re looking for tankless water heater repair or replacement, we have you absolutely covered with a full range of sale and support services. When you want hot water experts that you can count on, you always want Blind & Sons!
Frequently Asked Questions About Tankless Water Heaters
At Blind & Sons, we hear all types of questions about tankless water heater systems and services. Here are helpful answers to some of the most common questions we’re asked:
How does a tankless water heater work?
Tankless water heaters remove the need for a tank reservoir by using a heat exchanger combined with either a gas burner or electric element. This way, they can heat water on-demand instead of wasting energy by keeping a reservoir hot at all times.
How many years does a tankless water heater last?
The average life expectancy of a tankless water heater is around 20 years. Tankless water heaters often last longer than this because system parts can be easily replaced, unlike traditional water heaters. Not sure how old your water heater is? Find out on our blog >>
Should I replace my tankless water heater before it fails?
Replacing an appliance at the right time is always important, as it keeps you from the stress of suddenly having to go without an important resource. Additionally, an on-time replacement can help avoid common problems that failing water heaters can present, like pipe leaks, plumbing problems, and water damage to your home. Learn four more reasons not to wait on our blog >>
Can I install my own tankless water heater?
Absolutely not! DIY projects can be a great way to improve your home, but plumbing system installs and repairs should always be left to experienced professional plumbers. The main reasons for this are that plumbing systems contain many important and dangerous parts, including electrical wiring and gas lines. And if you made mistakes, they can lead to injuries, system damage, and the need for more costly repairs in the future. Wondering if you need a permit to replace a water heater? Get the answer on our blog >>