Drain Cleaning in Akron & NE Ohio
Have your drains been painfully sluggish or has something accidentally been lodged in the drain, creating a total backup? Not to worry! Blind & Sons offers superior professional drain cleaning services throughout Akron, OH and the surrounding areas. Our highly experienced team of plumbing specialists will take a look at your system, swiftly identify the problem, and begin resolving the issue for you right away.
At Blind & Sons, we make sure that your home is perfectly comfortable and see to it that all of the systems you depend on are performing flawlessly. We are full-service plumbing and electrical contractors and also offer heating & cooling packages for all of our customers—which makes us the one-stop shop for all of your home services.
Contact us at (330) 753-7711 or click here to schedule drain cleaning service online! Also, be sure to check out all our current coupons and specials to save money on drain cleaning.
Our Drain Cleaning Services
Thanks to our incredibly skilled team, we offer a vast array of services to our clients. This way, we have a dynamic solution for each of your home’s unique needs. When it comes to drain cleaning, here are some of our most popular drain treatments:
- Hydro Jetting – This method utilizes a narrow hose connected to a high-pressure water system. Pressurized water is sprayed into your pipes to break up blockages and force it through. This method is also great for breaking up food debris into smaller pieces that it can pass more easily.
- Video Plumbing Inspection – One of our most used techniques, video plumbing allows our technicians to see directly into your pipes using a cabled camera that will provide real-time video of the problem. This allows for a clearer diagnosis of the blockage and type of debris to better identify the proper solution.
- Drain Cabling – Utilizing a 3/4-inch metal cable that is fed into the drain, blockages can be cleared away or broken up by forcibly puncturing the blockage. Different attachments can be used for clearing different kinds of accumulated buildup.
- Enzyme Drain Cleaning – Enzymatic drain cleaners are comprised of bacteria and enzymes that will feed on organic materials that commonly cause clogs, such as food and hair. They break down the organic materials and allow them to pass cleanly through the pipes. These drain cleaners are generally a great environmentally friendly alternative to chemical cleaners.
- Sewer Drain Cleaning – Sewer drains are often overlooked when it comes to scheduling cleaning services. Unfortunately, blockages in this system can have disastrous consequences, so it is wise to have your sewer system regularly serviced to prevent buildup.
- Drain Repair – Sometimes drain systems can be damaged by the particulates and chemicals that pass through. Repairing or replacing compromised drains prevents larger-scale damage from taking place and keeps your pipes clear and flowing.
Whenever you are in need of a trusted plumbing professional, call Blind & Sons at (330) 753-7711!
Common Drain Problems
Identifying drainage issues early is the key to preventing damage to your plumbing system. If you notice that a drain in your home is sluggish or not draining properly, it is incredibly important to address it right away. Here are some common drain problems to look out for:
- Clogged Kitchen Drains – Kitchen sinks often see the most diverse use and can become clogged from organic food debris or foreign objects accidentally becoming lodged in the drain. It is imperative to address these immediately to avoid bacteria buildup in your sink.
- Clogged Bathroom Drains – Hair is the largest nemesis of your bathroom drain! While this material may be organic, it dissolves slowly and can very easily create a clump or blockage. It is important to keep your sink and shower drains free of hair accumulation and be sure to regularly clean drain traps.
- Sluggish Drains – Sometimes your drain may not be stopped up entirely, but you notice that the drainage is painfully slow. This is an early indicator that you have a clog that needs to be addressed right away.
- Clogged Toilet – One of the most common clogs, toilets need to cycle through and drain the entirety of the wastewater each time. If you notice slow, minimal drainage or a backup, you may have a blockage. When plunging simply isn’t cutting it, it may be time to call the experts.
- Clogged Garbage Disposal – While garbage disposals are designed to break up organic materials, they often become clogged when they are overwhelmed. If you notice an overflow from the drain or leaks under the sink, you will need to schedule a cleaning.
- Backed-Up Floor Drain – Floor drains are a great tool for basement areas prone to flooding or for shower drains built directly into the floor. Any pooling in or around the drain area indicates a blockage.
- Clogged Sewer Drain – Sometimes your sewer drains can be overwhelmed from waste or improper disposal of personal sanitary items such as wipes or sanitary napkins. These clogs can lead to some of the most costly repairs of all and are important to address early.
Rain & Drain Clogs – A Common Problem
Homeowners in Northeast Ohio often report more problems with their drains after a heavy rain. While this might not seem like a connected problem, it actually can be. When it rains hard, as is common in both the spring and fall in our region, that water washes leaves, dirt, and other debris down the exterior drains on your home. Gutters that haven’t been cleaned out are often the culprit for this problem, because the rain pushes that debris right into the drain. That debris can build up and block your drains. If left alone, the blockage can send water back into your home or keep your drains from working properly.
To protect the integrity of your home, make sure you schedule drain cleaning at the first sign of a slow flow. Blind & Sons offers drain cleaning that will get things moving again fast. Even if the problem is from heavy rain, you can trust our team to locate the problem and provide comprehensive solutions.
Common Causes of Clogged Drains
The best way to avoid a clog is to know what to prevent in the first place! Here are a few of the most common causes of a household blockage:
- Buildup of organic matter such as food, hair, or dirt
- Debris or foreign objects falling into drain
- Pipe calcification or mineral accumulation from hard water
Keep your drains clear of these materials and be sure to have them cleaned regularly.
DIY Drain Cleaning vs. Professional Cleaning
When searching for a solution for your clogged drain, many homeowners turn to the internet for ways to remedy the problem themselves. While this may seem like an easy and cost-effective solution, you may actually cause more damage to your plumbing system in the process.
Using harsh chemical dissolvent or excessive force when snaking the drain can compromise the integrity of the pipes. While this damage may not be seen right away, it can lead to leaks or cracks down the line. If you are looking for an at-home solution, it is always best to use organic materials such as baking soda and vinegar to break up minor blockages. However, if the clog is severe or any portion of your system has backed up or overflowed, it is time to call in the experts.
Need the help of the pros? Contact Blind & Sons today to schedule expert drain cleaning services.
Preventing Clogged Drains
Preventing clogs is always best! Here are some helpful tips for keeping your drains free and clear:
- Outfit each of your drains with a drain covering or catch to prevent large objects from entering the drain.
- Keep sinks and drain areas clear at all times so that water can properly flow.
- Avoid flushing or forcing large matter down your drains.
- Do not flush personal sanitary products, paper towels or disinfectant wipes down the drain—regardless of whether or not they say “flushable” or “septic-safe.”
Why Choose Blind & Sons for Drain Cleaning?
- Our technicians are all expertly trained specialists. We see to it that each of our technicians receives the highest level of hands-on training and each team member is a fully certified specialist in the field. We invest in them so that they are a valuable investment for you.
- Our team provides comprehensive solutions. Whenever you are in need of our help, we will work with you to find the best solution for you and your home. Whether it is administering repairs or discussing preventative maintenance that you can do yourself, we will be with you every step of the way!
- We offer exemplary customer service. To put it simply, when it comes to knowing your home, you are the expert. That is why we always consult you on the situation at hand whenever you are in need of service and always prioritize a positive customer experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Chemical Drain Cleaners Safe to Use?
Commercial chemical drain cleaners can be dangerous for humans, animals, and the environment. Additionally, most liquid cleaners contain hydrochloric acid, which is a known cause of pipe corrosion.
How do you unclog a drain with standing water?
The easiest method is often a plunger. If you block the overflow openings in sinks equipped with them, a plunger can unclog the drain. More stubborn clogs may require snaking or even removal of the trap.
How Can I Make a Safe Drain Cleaner at Home?
There are several natural, drain-safe solutions that you can try at home to resolve minor clogs. Pour 1/4 cup of baking soda in the problem drain, followed by 1/2 cup of white vinegar to break up minor blockages and eradicate bacteria.