How to Choose an Electrician
When you need electrical work done at your house, you need a skilled electrician who you can count on to get the job done properly, safely, and efficiently. With so many options for electricians out there, it can be difficult to know who’s your best choice and who you can trust.
To help you narrow down the options and select a good electrician for your needs, here are the top seven things to look for as you sort through the options.
7 Things to Look for When You’re Searching for a Good Electrician
- Licensing: A license verifies that an electrician has taken the proper courses and exams, has passed a background check, and has experience. When evaluating an electrician’s licensing, make sure the license covers the service you need (because some electricians’ licenses come with restrictions). Never choose an unlicensed electrician or an electrician who isn’t licensed for the service you need.
- Insurance: Check that the electrician has, at the very least, professional liability and general liability coverage. Ask to see proof of insurance, and verify it hasn’t expired.
- Experience: While licensing can affirm a certain level of experience, talk to the electrician, and ask if he or she has experience in the type of service you need.
- Reviews: Licensing, insurance, and experience can only go so far. The quality of service provided by a licensed, insured, and experienced electrician is also important. So, check out some online reviews. Look at the electrician’s (or the electrical company’s) website, as well as third-party review sites. This can give you a better idea of the experience you can expect if you choose that professional (or company).
- Prices: Ask for a quote on the service you need. Shop around. And, remember, the lowest price doesn’t always mean the best service.
- Responsiveness: When you’re pricing out an electrical installation or repair, take note of how quickly you get a response from the contractors you contact.
- Availability: If there’s an electrical emergency or you simply need service quickly (for a non-emergency service), of course, the availability of the electrician will matter. Even if you’re not dealing with an emergency, a good electrician should work around your schedule to provide the services you need.
If you don’t have time to screen different electricians for the qualities mentioned above, you can turn to the expert electricians at Blind & Sons for all of your electrical needs, day or night, 365 days a year. Just call (330) 753-7711 or contact us online!
From electrical panel and ceiling fan installations to whole-home surge protector replacements and more, our fully licensed and insured electricians have you covered! We are proud to provide top-notch electrical services throughout Northeast Ohio!