Do I Need a Permit to Replace a Water Heater in Akron, OH?
Yes, you do need a permit for inspection if you’re replacing a traditional or tankless water heater in your Summit County, OH, home. The reason is that water heaters can present some big problems if they aren’t properly installed.
What Problems Can an Improperly Installed Water Heater Cause?
Water heaters rely on gas or electric elements to heat water and keep an ample supply of hot water running through your home’s taps. To do this, they require a heating element, pressure, and ventilation (among other things). If any of these critical components is not properly installed, some of the major problems and dangers that can arise include:
- Floods – This can happen when pressure release valves aren’t properly installed, causing the buildup of excessive pressure.
- Fires and explosions – These dangers can arise when there’s not enough clearance between a new water heater and combustible surfaces or when gas lines (on gas water heaters) are incorrectly installed and end up causing gas leaks.
- Carbon monoxide poisoning – This can occur when water heaters aren’t properly vented.
By getting a permit for your water heater installation or replacement, you can be sure that your system gets a thorough safety inspection.
Need a water heater replacement or installation in Northeast Ohio?
Where Can I Get a Permit for a Water Heater Replacement or Installation in Northeast Ohio?
You’ll need to complete the proper forms and submit them to your county’s Building Standards Division. Here’s more information about getting a water heater permit in Summit County, OH.
Of course, you do NOT need to run out and get this permit if Blind & Sons handles your water heater replacement or installation. That’s because we’ll take care of that for you, and we’ll handle everything necessary to get your new water heater installed properly and safely the first time!
How Do I Know If It’s Time to Replace My Water Heater?
Some telltale signs that your water heater may be starting to fail include:
- Drips, leaks, or pooling water around the unit
- Cracking or popping noises
- Water that has a metallic smell and taste or that’s sandy or muddy in appearance
- Warm water instead of hot, when your hot water taps are running at full blast
- An increasing number of water heater repairs within the last few months
Whether you need your water heater inspected, maintained, repaired, or replaced, you can count on Blind & Sons for the best water heater services throughout Akron, Summit County, and beyond!
Contact Blind & Sons for Top-Notch Water Heater Installation & Replacement Services in & Around Akron
Whether you need to replace a traditional or tankless water heater, the experts at Blind & Sons are here for you, ready to help! Our expert technicians can handle all of your water heater needs and get the job done right the first time!