According to Angie’s List, one of the best ways to keep your air conditioner running at its peak efficiency for as long as possible is by sticking to a regular maintenance routine.
Here at Blind & Sons, we have to agree.
Just like your car, your air conditioner needs regular maintenance to keep it from breaking down on you when you need it most- like the hottest day of a long, Ohio summer. You wouldn't expect your car to keep running, day after day if you never had it maintained, would you?
We didn’t think so.
The same logic applies to your air conditioner. Instead of every three months or 3,000 miles, you need to have your air conditioner maintained once a year. We recommend having your a/c tuned up during the Spring before you need it. That way you avoid the rush and avoid problems when you need cool air most.
A tuned-up air conditioner is also a more efficient one. With heating and cooling costs making up approximately 50 percent of your home’s energy bill, keeping your HVAC systems as efficient as possible can greatly impact your bottom line.
But don’t take our word for it.
Do you agree with the following list of reasons why you shouldn’t skip your air conditioner maintenance? What would you add to the list?
5 Additional Benefits of Tuning Up Your Air Conditioner
1. Extend the life of your air conditioner- a well-maintained HVAC system lasts longer than one that is not.
2. Lower your repair costs by catching potential problems with your air conditioner before they turn into major repairs.
3. Lower your energy bills by keeping your air conditioner clean and in good working order.
4. Save money and the environment at the same time by making your air conditioner as efficient as possible.
5. Spend an hour of quality time with a technician from Blind and Sons. (We thought that would be your favorite reason.)