8 Facts About Your Air Ducts That Will Keep You Up at Night
The monster isn’t really under the bed it’s been hiding behind the walls and ceilings of your home this whole time. Air ducts that deliver conditioned air to every room in your home can become caked with pollen, dust mites, debris, mold and even populations of insects or rodents. These contaminants are then recirculated into the air of your home through your heating and cooling system.
Air duct cleaning services will remove these contaminants so you and your family can rest assured that you are all breathing clean air. Read on to learn more about what goes on behind the walls in your home. Then call us to schedule a consultation today.
Not Grossed Out Yet? Keep Reading.
• If your air ducts look dirty, they probably are.
• A typical six-room home collects up to 40 pounds of dust a year.
• Your HVAC system re-circulates the air in your home 5-7 times a day.
• The air ducts in your home may contain mold, dust mite feces, cockroach particles, even Arsenic and Lead.
• What’s that noise? Air ducts can even become infested with insects or rodents.
• Dirty ducts can cause problems for people with respiratory health conditions or autoimmune disorders by aggravating conditions and environmental allergies.
• 90% of HVAC system failures are the result of dust and dirt in your system.
• Build-up of dirt or dust on the coils in you HVAC system reduces its efficiency by up to 21%.
Don’t wait until the monsters start coming out of your ducts. Contact a licensed professional to clean the air ducts in your home today.